Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Worms vs. Cheesecake....NO contest

This Hampton Art stamp has been in my collection for quite some time with very little use even though I love the sentiment.  Come on now.  Have to get up early and eat worms or sleep in and have cheesecake?  Easy choice.  Right?


While the little bird on the stamp is very cute, I decided to mask that part of the stamp and just use the sentiment.  It's that whole Create a Critter/Peachy Keen kick I'm on right now.  I just can't help myself.  They're so stinkin' cute and just make me happy.

Orange and white seem to be a good color combo this week for challenges because I've run across 2 so far....and I'm still looking, of course.  The orange and white papers are Papertrey Ink and the patterned paper is from an SEI stack.  That pattern reminds me of poultry netting so I had to use it.  By the way, poultry netting is what they now call chicken wire.  I'm trying to stay up with the times and politically correct.


Here's my card.  Isn't that little bird just the cutest?



I'll be sharing this card at the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion -- Don't get your twine in a tangle
Die Cuttin' Divas -- Challenge 128: orange & white
RetroSketches -- Challenge #76
The Pink Elephant -- Orange
The House that Stamps built -- Things with wings
Pollycraft Challenges -- Buttons and bows

7 comments:

  1. What a cute card love the bright orange and the sentiment is wonderful, thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Passion ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Roberta, this card is so cute and I love the sentiment!! It's perfect for the Craft Your Passion "Don't get your twine in a tangle" challenge. Hope to see more of your creations at our next challenge.

    ~Amy
    DT for Craft Your Passion Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love the adorable bird and sentiment!Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun stamp. Cute card to go with it. Thanks for joining us at DCD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and colourful! Great sentiment and it works so well with that cheeky chap :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roberta, Sorry! I apologize about Arlana's email. It was my mistake. It is sweetberrydesigns@hotmail.com
    Looking forward to receiving your email. Congratulations on your win! Thanks, Judi SSW Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting such a great laugh over this one, Roberta! What a fabulous sentiment. Adorable little bird. I'll take sleeping in, with out without ht cheesecake. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...