Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hiding in My Craft Room has a new challenge today

Today is the beginning of a brand new challenge at
That means a new theme too, of course.  This week we would love to see your creations for:

A woman's birthday

Remember that you're not limited to just cards!  Show off your new layout or maybe a cake topper...oooh, a party banner would be great to see.  You can check out all of the challenge guidelines here.  There aren't many rules but we do ask that you look over them and abide by them so that everyone has a fun time!

Now, for my card this week....which is my first for the Hiding in My Craft Room Design Team.  (Still so excited to be joining this lovely group of talented ladies!)


The super cute image I used is from Lacy Sunshine.....love Heather's work!  Her name is Maggie Springtime.  I've decided to go with more autumnal colors.  Yes, they are unusual for autumnal colors but I'm an unusual kinda' gal.  When I was a florist, I was always drawn to the combo of oranges and purples/maroons especially this time of year.

The flowers Maggie is holding are actually much more maroon than the picture shows.  As are the tiny mulberry flowers I've used.  The color just really fought me in these photos.

The items used for this card were:

*Papers - Papertrey Ink, Bazzill, DCWV
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Ink - Memento Tuxedo black
Beads - Michaels
Charm and ribbon - my stash

Here's a side view to show a little dimension:


The entire Design Team at HIMCR is really looking forward to all of the great projects that will be shared this week!  Good luck to all entrants.....hope to see you there.

I would like to submit this card into the following challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays -- Fall colors and a leaf
Graph'It Markers -- Autumn colors
Kitty Bee Designs -- Flowers
Simply Create Too -- Fall/autumn
Crafty Catz -- Birthdays
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards -- Flowers
Color Me Creative -- Fall colors

13 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those layers and fab charm. Thanks for playing with us over at Kitty Bee Designs.

    Hugs,
    Niki
    www.notjustgreetingshawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little charm is adorable, I've never used a charm on a card before! And the papers are beautiful, really intricate designs, yet so delicate. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely adorable card, like your leaf metal embellishment. thanks for joining us at CC&CC flowers challenge theme, good luck cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pretty dress and hat in your fab card, thanks for joining us at crafty catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card Roberta, I love the warm tones you have used on it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I like the image and the design, Thank you for joining in with us at Graph'It colour challenge, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roberta: So glad you joined in our "Fall/Autumn" Challenge #47 and hope you enter often. Your card is beautiful--love it.


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Card Love The Colours Good LUck With Three Challenge At Crafty Catz. I Have Candy On My Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an adorable image, so lovely colored! Love these colors. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on making the HIMCR team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee! Check out my blog candy at 8ers.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...