Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hiding in My Craft Room #125

Welcome to the weekend!
Every Saturday begins a brand new challenge at
This week we want to see your new projects using this theme:
Thanksgiving/Thankfulness.

Thursday, November 28, is Thanksgiving here in the US so this theme is very appropriate for me.  Then again, Thankfulness is a theme that we should all embrace year 'round.  I know that I have been abundantly blessed and I am truly grateful everyday.

I decided to make a subway style sign for our mantel for my project.
It looks very intricate and difficult but I have to say
it was really one of the easiest projects I've ever made!

The sign is 12x12.  It only looks so small because
it's sitting in an absurdly huge easel.

This great design comes directly from the Cricut Word Collage cartridge.  Thanks, Connie!  (I won this cart in her blog candy draw a couple of months ago.)  The Thanksgiving collage was cut at 10 3/4".  

All elements of the Cricut cuts were done using Copper Metallic Matte Vinyl from CricketVinylSupplies.com.  I just cannot say often enough how much I love their products!  The selection of colors they offer is fantastic.  Best of all though, this stuff cuts like a dream!!  I set my Expression on 3 for everything...Blade depth, Speed, and Pressure.  Using transfer tape is an absolute must for me.

The large swirl along the side is from Home Decor.  It is 2 Swirl #3's.
I flipped one and then welded them together.
It was then sized to the same height as the word collage.

The patterned paper is from DCWV The Natural stack.
It has a very subtle tone on tone pattern that I thought
looked great with the copper vinyl.

You can find this project in the following challenges:


Now it's your turn to make a project using our
Thanksgiving/Thankfulness theme.
All of us on the Design Team at
look forward to seeing what you share with us this week.

Thanks for the time you've spent here today.
And to all of my fellow Americans,
I would like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!!





7 comments:

  1. this looks amazing Roberta, when I first looked at the picture I thought it was done on a slate tile but then when I read it was just cardstock I was very impressed, it looks so real! wonderful project :) and Happy Thanksgiving!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roberta. Love the sign. So many reasons to be thankful. Thanks for joining our Anything But a Card Challenge Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Roberta, this is stunning. It looks like real slate and the colours are a fab match. When are you making me mine? And can you stop doing all these things i've never seen or heard of and making me then add them to an ever growing list of to do's!! You truly are an inspiration, thank you. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Roberta. makes me want to dust off my Cricut. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. great project Roberta, i love it and the gorgeous color you have used
    thanks for joining us at craftitude this time, good luck and hope to see you again soon
    caroline
    craftitude dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roberta, I wanted to tell you how much I liked this project. My kids received one something like this for a wedding present and they are great. Fantastic project.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks like something store bought...so professional looking! LOVE! Thanks for playing with us at Kitty Bee Designs

    *hugs, Niki
    www.notjustgreetingshawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...