Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hiding in My Craft Room -- Freestyle

Happy Saturday and welcome to our new challenge at
Today begins a fun one....
Freestyle.
Let your imagination and creativity go crazy!
With so many holiday decorations, cards and gifts being made right now,
I expect to see a huge number of projects entered this time 'round.
It should be lots of fun!

The image that I've used for my project this week
is 
Christmas Holly Fairy
from one of my absolute favorite artists:
Mo Manning.
I think the sweet factor of this one is off the chart!!

Because little Holly Fairy is so stinkin' cute, I really wanted to make some sort of home decor item....for me.  One of my lifelong obsessions has been with beautiful bottles, jars, cloches, etc.  (I even collected bottles when I was little.  Forget Barbies.  I wanted the gorgeous glass items.  Weird?  Perhaps.)  Merging my love of this image and a cloche I found at Marshall's was a perfect solution for me.  I'm probably prouder to show this project than any other.  Here she is:

I am over the moon in love with this!

The lamp post and tree were both cut with my Cricut.  The tree is from Cricut Craftroom Basics.  It was stretched in Craftroom to make it taller and skinnier.  I cut it 4 times, folded them each down the center, added some white embossing powder, and then glued them all together at the center fold.  The lamp post is from Mini Monsters and was cut 3 times.  I glued them together to make it more sturdy.  It normally has a long bar on one side to hang small signs. I just snipped that off and then added a bit of embossing.  The "glass" of the lantern is from plastic packaging.  After I trimmed it down to size, I colored it with a dark yellow Bic Mark-it and sandwiched it between 2 layers of the lamp post before they were glued together.

All 3 elements of the little scene are attached to a circle of cardstock.  Small tabs were glued to the back of each item and then glued to the circle.  To cover the circle, I wanted to add some "snow."  I worked with what I had on hand....pillow stuffing.  Don't worry.  I didn't cut a good pillow apart.  This stuffing is from one that needed to be repaired anyway.  The small amount that I took didn't make much difference since the pillow was a little over stuffed.

Here's a closeup of the scene.
I think I may add another tree behind little Holly.
Or maybe not....I'm really lovin' it just as it is.

I used my Sakura Stardust Gel pen for some sparkle inside the snow globe and added  Glossy Accents to give the appearance of a glass globe; sadly, it just didn't want to show up in the photos.  In person it looks really cute.

You can find this project in the following challenges:

Bronte & Bella's -- Anything but a card
A Creative Romance -- Vintage style
Totally Paper Crafts -- Ho, ho, holidays
Wags 'n Whiskers -- Things with wings
An Inky Situation -- Trees
Crafty Little Fairies -- Classic Christmas: red, green & gold
Delightful Challenges -- Favorite things
ABC Christmas Challenges -- X for out of the boX...no squares
Crafting by Designs -- Christmas/winter
I Love ProMarkers -- Anything goes

Now it's your turn to go Freestyle!
All of us on the Design Team at 
Hiding in My Craft Room
are super excited to see all of your new creations.

Thanks for spending some time with me today.

Edited:
This project is also in a new challenge at
Bronte & Bella's for my favorite Mo Manning project of 2013.
It was almost impossible to decide which project to submit....
I fall in love with EVERYTHING I do with a Mo image.
Coincidence?  I think not!
She's one talented lady!!


15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! The lamp post & lamp look so real, I'm sitting here looking & just loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Roberta, what a great idea and so beautifully made.
    I love the way you created a little scene with this adorable image and beautifully coloured too.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Mo's digital.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, I love it. This is a 100% winner for me! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hun, and what an amazing interpretation of Classic Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies this week. Hugs, Fairy Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Roberta, this creation is truly gorgeous...it has all come together so well...no wonder you are proud of it!

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg Roberta, your creation is stunning and just adorable!

    Thanks for sharing this little masterpiece with us at Mo's Challenge Blog this week :)
    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs - Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am over the moon in love with this too! It's GORGEOUS!!! Well done you! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tell you again.....amazing creation hun!


    Thanks for joining your fave Mo's Creation of the year with us at Mo's Challenge Blog :)
    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...