Monday, December 2, 2013

Created with Love Challenges - Christmas

Hello everyone!
I hope you had a great weekend.

Today begins a brand new challenge at
Our theme this week is
Christmas.

I'm so happy to tell you that our generous sponsor is
The lucky winner will have the chance to choose 4 images
from Delicious Doodles' incredible inventory.


Each of the CWLC Design Team members
were able to select our own images for this challenge.
This is the one I decided upon.
Isn't that pretty? I love it!

I guess I must be getting into the holiday spirit.  Lately making decorations has been the direction many of my challenge projects have been going.  Now to just get all of the other things down from the attic and get going on the actual decorating.

My project started out to be a smallish ornament
that could be hung on a tree.  Well, unless you're
talking about a huge tree, this isn't going to be an
ornament...maybe a tree topper.

Doesn't the star look intricate and difficult
to make?  Looks are so deceiving in this case!
It took me longer to color the image than it
took to make the ornament.

I found an outstanding video tutorial by Heidi over on YouTube.
You can see it here.  While you're there, you should check out some of Heidi's other vids.  She has a great teaching style and is so talented!!

The star is paper from just one sheet of double sided 12x12 DSP.  I believe it's from K&Company but I'm not positive.  Actually it's just 2/3 of  the sheet.  So this project is not only gorgeous; it's also very economical.
That makes it tops in my book!
(No comments about me liking things that are cheap and easy....)

I colored the image with my ProMarkers.

I'm very pleased with the way this decoration turned out.
Give them a try....you'll be amazed at how easy they are!

Don't forget to hop over to CWLC to post your new Christmas project.
All of us on the DT are looking forward to seeing loads of great items!

Thanks for stopping by today.

20 comments:

  1. Looks can be very deceiving indeed Roberta but my eyes are not deceived by the pure beauty of this spectacular tree topper. Wow, what a great job you have done in creating this awesome gold star. Your image looks great too. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Roberta, what an absolute stunning creations, wowser hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful 3D Christmas ornament/tree topper. It is wonderfully made. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch192 Use A Digi.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project
    Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
    Hugs Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful, simple card with a most powerful message. Hard to believe the star is "paper", it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Roberta this is awesomeness! thanks for posting the link to the video tutorial this one is definitely going on my to do list, that snowflake is so pretty :) Gem x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!! I've already bookmarked the tutorial. Thanks for the link!!!
    DebiB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous. I love it and thanks for video tutorial. I have to put this on my to do list. :D
    Thanks for joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!! This would be a beautiful ornament or tree topper. Love how you incorporated the image into this design, which is colored amazingly. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Let's Get in Shape
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous ornament! Love the colors! Your DT sister Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful Roberta! Thanks for joining us at Love To Create for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely design. Thanks for playing at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very intricate and creative piece Roberta. I'm sure it must be more difficult than you say! Lovely festive piece.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is lovely and I am sure that you are selling urself short on how difficult it was. i think that it is lovely. Thank you for joining us over at OSAAT. From Sian OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW absolutely gorgeous stunning decoration, the star shape is amazing and I love the centre panel very elegant and chic, beautiful. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful! I'm going to check out that tutorial so I can try it myself! Thanks for Joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete

  17. Fabulous creation! Love the image you used! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Roberta and it does look so intricate. Thanks for sharing the link. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing work, I love it! Thank you so much for joining our All Crafts challenge-hope to see you join us again soon :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely work and such a gorgeous project! It looks really complicated but i love it...and the colour scheme and image work well together ..well done.Many thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week ...Anita DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...