Tuesday, August 27, 2013

How does one girl get so lucky?

I am surrounded by some of the sweetest, most generous people on earth.  Within the last 24 hours, I've gotten little surprises from 2 different people.  Both times have given me a serious case of the warm fuzzies.   So I just had to do a quick post to let both of them know how much I appreciate their thoughtfulness and support.

Yesterday, when hubby got home from work, I saw him get out of the car with 2 new paper stacks in his hand.  Gasp.  Had he actually voluntarily gone to a craft store to get me a present?  NO.  A young man he works with sent them home for me.  He had been at Joann's and found a good deal and thought of me.....Altogether now: aaaaaah!
Troy is one of hubby's "lunch cronies" as I call them.
He's cute as a bug, smart as a whip, and obviously sweet as can be.
Now I need to make some sort of fantastic card for him.
That one's going to take some serious thought and planning.



Then, just a few minutes ago, the UPS man dropped off a package from Amazon.  Strange.  I didn't remember ordering anything that would come in that size or shape box.  Oh well, stranger things have happened.  I opened it and inside was a new Swingline guillotine trimmer.  There was also a gift note the said, "Just 'cause. Love, Mom."  Now I know a lot of you probably think you have the best Mom and I'm sure she's fantastic but I have the best Mom.  


To both Troy and Mom:  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

I'm truly a lucky girl and still can't stop smiling thinking about my new goodies!

PS.  Hubby does get me all kinds of stuff....
just not a craft store shopping alone kinda' guy.
I'm sure he's afraid he'd get the wrong thing.
(FYI, honey, Gift Cards are always right.)

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl, indeed, Roberta! Great gifts made even more special because they were unexpected! Have fun with your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good things come to good people! So glad you like the surprise, I'm very impressed Troy is so sweet and thoughtful. Keep up the incredible "work". Love you to the moon and back, Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...