Sunday, September 15, 2013

Clean and simple....sometimes not so simple if you're messy

I thought I'd do some Operation Write Home cards this morning before the Colts game.  (Yes, I like am completely obsessed with my hometown boys!)  In order to get as many completed as possible, I thought I'd be smart and just do an assembly line of a clean and simple design.  That would have been an excellent idea if it weren't for the fact that I am a really messy stamper.  Let me clarify that:  I have to wear an apron when I'm crafting otherwise I wind up with inky finger prints all over myself.  I should get a giant button down to wear and I could look like a pre-schooler during finger paint time.  lol

My choice of the Tim Holtz stamp I used was to fulfill the Our Daily Bread Designs September challenge for OWH.  The challenge this month is "wheels."   (I don't have any Our Daily Bread stamps, yet.  Since they have some really gorgeous stamps, I foresee their absence in my collection coming to an end very soon.)  In addition to offering monthly winners a $25 gift certificate, Our Daily Bread also pays for a shipment of up to 2 boxes of cards over to our heros.  I love that!

Sticking to the masculine feel of the cards I've been making for OWH, I went with shades of blues for a loose ombre effect on this set of cards.  My intention was to complete all of them in the CAS design you see in the photo of the single card.  My success rate for that plan ended up being 50%.  Remember I'm messy.  It looked like I was being booked at the police station with all of the inky finger prints I left on a few of the cards.  I've heard people say that there are no mistakes in card making simply new opportunities for embellishing.  That quote will be on a sign hanging in my "someday" craft room.

After all of the cards were stamped, I just started pulling bits of paper out of my scrap box to hide my mistakes embellish a few of my cards.  I think all of them were salvaged.  Now all that's left to do is to stamp the backs, get them tucked into their envelopes, and send them off to Sandy at OWH.  I've got quite a shipment in the works for my second donation and I feel pretty satisfied.  Once again, I think it's such a wonderful mission that Operation Write Home is on and I'm proud to helping in my little way.




7 comments:

  1. Great stamp and what a picture i had in my head of you stamping hehe...Perhaps you could video it for us one day? lol

    Again, I think this is a wonderful thing you do these cards for and I love the way they are all the same, but different if that makes sense ;)
    x

    My blog: Little Pear Tree
    DT for Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a CAS card! I love the way you layered you same design, really cool! Also love the monochromatic theme. Super job! Thanx so much for joining us at CC&CC. Hope you play along with us again soon. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card Roberta! Great masking effect! I really don't use this often enough! Hugs Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Roberta, thanks for sharing this with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck with the GDT.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific masking, Roberta! I just shipped off my latest box to OWH and love to see others who are making cards for them. Love the colors you chose. I know all about "Simple" turning into a bit less simple because of a messy crafter (me!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the design and for a great cause too! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at crafty catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards - love how you've used the stamp.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...