Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Photos re-sizing themselves on Blogger?

Earlier this week, I noticed that just out of the blue the badges along the sidebars of my blog were all out of whack.  I hadn't changed anything so I couldn't figure out what was up.  At least, I knew I hadn't done anything wrong....for a change.

After a bit of searching I found a quick and easy fix in the Blogger forums.  Since I've seen many of my friends' blogs are also having an issue with the same thing, I thought I'd share the quick tutorial that I typed up for my Design Team sisters at
Dreamtime Designs and Hiding in My Craft Room.

I'm no computer genius by any stretch of the imagination.  Hopefully, these instructions will make sense to you.  If you do have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.  I can't make any promises that I'll be able to answer them but I do promise to do my best.

______________________________

So here we go with the steps you need to take:

Go to the upper right hand corner of your blog's home page, click "Design."
Then go to "Template" and click "Customize."
Next, "Advanced."
Scroll down the list until you see "Add CSS" which is last in the list.
Copy and paste this:
img { height: auto !important; max-width: 100% !important;}
Make sure you hit enter to create a new line after pasting it.  Then click "Apply to Blog."
______________________________


If you notice any of your Blogger buddies are having the same problem please share these instructions or send them over here.

Definitely leave a comment for me if this works for you.  I'd love to know that I've helped someone.  That would make my day!



16 comments:

  1. Hi Roberta,
    Thanks for the tip - I have tried it and it works!! Now I can see the whole of my posts with no badges sticking out over them. Thank you.
    *smiles*
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roberta my Dreamtime Design Sister, these instructions resolved my problem with the pictures immediately. Thank you for such crear and concise instructions and keep patting your self on the back for positng this info!!! Hee Hee! Thank you for taking the time to do this and for helping me with the problem. Big Cudles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roberta, thank you so much for this, i have tried it and it has worked! I'm also following your blog!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Roberta. I'm on my way to try now! I've neglected my poor blog for way too long and this sounds like a quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder why it didn't work for me...I tried it twice....such wonderful instructions Roberta! So easy to follow. What could I be doing wrong?

    Thank you for stopping by my blog...loved your comment and you sure made me feel good! big hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manderly, I'm not sure....that stinks! I know that when I was trying it, I kept forgetting to hit enter after I had pasted it. That will create a new line and it does not work until that is done. Good luck!
      Thanks so much for the follow!
      hugs--
      R.

      Delete
  6. Yes, yes! It fixed the problem. Thank you so much for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roberta - I cannot thank you enough for leaving me a comment on my blog - I did it exactly like you said and it worked. I had been so upset when it happened (just like you) out of the blue. Now it looks fabulous again because you took the time to help me --THANKS!
    Elizabeth at Warm Harted

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Roberta, thanks for the tip. I just thought that was the size of that particular banner. It helped it out and hopefully for future ones too. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roberta-- not only did it work.....it was such a wonderful surprise to have your comment on my blog guiding me to your fix! A great kindness and sharing of tips! I really appreciate it- and I am so glad you are an OWHer....great group of people-- and you fit right in! Thanks again! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Roberta!
    Firstly thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
    Also thank you so much for your help on my pics on my side bar. I have just done it and it works and looks so much tidier and not out of place.
    So kind of you to take the time to give me this information.
    Your blog is fab and I am now your new follower lol.
    Thank you kindly
    Hugs
    shaorn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great Tip Roberta, it worked a treat!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the Tip, My badges look much better now. Jules :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Roberta, thanks for the note and the tip...though it did not work for me..It did get me to look into. I had been putting it off for to long on figuring those oversized sides. I just needed to adjust the sides bar. thank you...I sincerely appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Roberta!
    Thanks much for this! I tried it and it works great!!! Sue H.(outlws)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...