Monday, September 16, 2013

No frost on the pumpkin....yet.

I love living in Indiana!
There are too many things to even begin to list them all here.
One of my favorite things is most definitely the changing seasons.  Don't get me wrong....I whine and complain about the extremes...."It's so freakin' cold" or "Why does it have to be so blasted hot?"  But then there are days like today.  It's cool, a little breezy, and you can just feel autumn is right around the corner.  Today's weather makes me think about football, our annual trip to the apple orchard, falling leaves, football, fall decor, oh yeah, and football.

Yesterday's Colts' loss was very disappointing not to mention needless.  If the officiating had been even half way decent, we'd be 2-0 instead of 1-1.  Not that I'm still upset or anything.  Oh well, enough about football....for now.  The season is young though so I make no promises there won't be more later.

But for now, on to cards.

Am I the only one happy to see all of the fall themed challenges that are popping up all over the blogosphere?  The colors of autumn make me think of my high school days.  My family lived on a lake in the hills of Brown County, IN which is famous for the artists' colony of Nashville, Indiana along with its number of tourists during the fall.  It really is a beautiful place year-round but late September through October is truly magical.  The scenery always makes me think of the quote:
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
--Albert Camus
Don't be too impressed with me for quoting Albert Camus.
I knew the quote but had to look up who to attribute it to....
then I had to look up who Albert Camus was.
(He was a French existentialist &  author...who knew?)

The gorgeous digi I used for today's card is by Beary Wishes.  When I saw it, I fell in love.  I think it's pretty different from most images.  Plus, I just love the look of urns filled with pumpkins and gourds in the fall.  Kind of rustic and elegant at the same time....and no need to water them or worry about an early frost like with mums or other fall flowers.

Keeping true to style, I used an unconventional color on this card.  The DSP with the floral print on blue background is from the SEI Botanical stack.  Isn't it beautiful?  I was really drawn to it when I was gathering supplies for this card so all of the other items were worked around it.  The other items I used were:

*Coloring: Done with my ProMarkers
*Cricut Elegant Edges and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2.  (The "Hello" sentiment was done with Cricut markers using TBBM2.)
*Cardstock: Bazzill and Papertrey Ink
*Beaded stems:  from a garland I got at Michaels
*Rhinestones:  Studio 112
*Ribbon and raffia: my stash
*Brads:  both Recollections.  (There are actually 2 brads: a large flat gold one that I punched a hole in the center of with my Crop-a-dile and a leaf shaped brad that I placed in the center of the larger one.)

And, finally, here's my tribute to today's appearance of cooler temps in my home state:






28 comments:

  1. I love the different textures you used on your card Roberta and the "bling" twigs and raffia. Nice touch!
    Hi from England JoanP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Love the stamp and papers. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fall' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and all the fall colors, I totally agree with finally having some great challenges to celebrate fall.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great fall card! Love the image and colouring! So glad you linked up with DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, your colours are wonderful Roberta ....and I love the scene you have set for yoour beautiful stamp with the lovely, texturising embellishments. I hadn't realized that you have such beautiful Falls in Indiana - think I'll go do some research. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning!!! I love the papers you used and I love the die cuts you used to showcase this awesome digi!! Love, love, love it!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indiana sounds like such a beautiful place !!! Seems like the perfect place to live and be inspired by natures beauty !! I love the colors you used !!! Another beautiful project !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous. Love all your details and colors. Great take on my sketch. Thanks for joining Sunday Sketch & Stamp this week.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card. I love your card design and the pretty papers. Love the digi, also. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Roberta! Love the fall colors and image. It was cool here on the West coast today, too, but the temps are supposed to climb again tomorrow so fall isn't here quite yet. Still, I'll take the one nice day and hope for more before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Fall card; I'm a fellow Hoosier and can say there's nothing like a crisp fall day in Indiana! Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is very gorgeous! And yes this season reminds me of my high school days at the football games.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can unfortunately you have entered too many challenges to be eligible for ours. Plenty of time to enter again though. I do hope to see you again. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Hun and it really fits with our theme of Autumn Colours. Thanks for joining us at Just For Fun Challenge Blog
    Hugs
    Kelly DT
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, wonderful colors and design! And I'm really sorry that your entry isn't eligible for our Crafting When We Can Challenge... Hugs, Bo DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is fabulous. I love all of the laying and the fabulous fall colors. Way to rock the fall challenge at BBTB2.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with you. I love the changing of the seasons. Our Redskins aren't doing very well, but I am still hopeful. Love your card, love the background colors that you used and the different shapes.

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Angel Design Team! See you next week!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - OSAAT -DT
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Gorgeous layers and all details.
    Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz “Autumnal” Challenge and we hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the image and all the layering! Thanks for joining the Just for Fun Autumn Colours Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card! love all those embellishments and colors. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the image you used on this card and oh my, those papers are just gorgeous!! :) Love how you've made a sort of autumnal bushel from the raffia and embellies. Fabulous. :)

    Thanks for joining in with our Autumn challenge at OSAAT this week.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous autumn card. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck. NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so pretty and I totally agree with you about enjoying the lovely fall days! We've had some of the most beautiful days imaginable here and I'm lovin' it! I love Elegant Edges-it makes such great background shapes and I like how you used it. Thanks for joining our fall challenge at BBTB2.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now this is a very kewl card, I really like the image and composition and those glass berries in the corner put it over the top

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and fab use of fall colors! Gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card, lovely autumn colours! Thanks for joining our Colours of Autumn challenge at Just For Fun!

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great textures and layers and wonderful colours! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Country View Crafts this month.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...