Friday, October 25, 2013

Crafty Catz Spots and Stripes Challenge

I have to sadly tell you that today is the final day I will have the fun and honor of serving as a Guest Designer at
Crafty Catz.


However, that also means that I will be able to participate in the challenges over there again. They have some super sponsors and I look forward to being able to trying to win some of those yummy prizes.

This week, for example, the sponsor is:



Crimson Cloud
and the prize will be 3 packs of diecuts.  Very nice!

The theme for this week's challenge is:
Spots & Stripes

When I heard what the theme was, I knew right away I wanted to use Christmas Boo from Lacy Sunshine.  Her little sleeper is covered with polka dots and that great patchwork hat is full of stripes....perfect!  Here's a quick peek:



I've added her into the Scrolled Holiday Snowglobe also from Lacy Sunshine.  This pic really shows the embossing I did on the top and bottom of the globe.  I used a Versamark marker to fill in the areas I wanted the embossing powder.   Then, I set it with my heat gun and repeated those steps 2 more times to really give it some dimension.



This is the first time I attempted to do wood grain with my ProMarkers.  I'm pretty pleased with the result.  It was just a matter of playing with the different shades of browns and lots of layering.  The Ultra-fine Nib tips are an absolute must for me...they made the grain lines so much easier.  If you use ProMarkers, I highly recommend getting some of the Nibs!



You can see that, after I fussy cut the snowglobe, I used some mounting tape to make it pop just a bit off of the green mat that I dry embossed.



This final photo shows Boo in all her Christmas glory.  I've added very few embellishments to the card because the papers are so very busy. 

The ingredients of this card are:
Papers: Papertrey Ink and Recollections
Red Lace: The Paper Studio
Embossing powder: Recollections Opaque Bling
Baker's twine: Etsy
Taffeta and gold ribbons: my stash
Little gold bells: my Mom (Thanks!)

You can find this card in the following challenges:

Timeless Tuesday -- Fussy cutting
I would like to, once again, thank the lovely ladies at
for the fun I've had this past month!
It's been a pleasure to help provide inspiration pieces for your challenges.

 I always appreciate time that people spend visiting my blog.
Please leave a comment, if you have a minute or two.


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Roberta, as always, and sorry to see you go from Crafty Catz...:( Have a fabulous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roberta,
    Gorgeous, just love it, the girl looks so sweet, and the colour tones you have used are fab, thank you for sharing with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, hope you will join in with again soon .....
    Hugs
    Suzy B
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,lovely design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Fat-tastic (now Fan-tastic) this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Roberta! Such a darling little snow globe, and every sweeter image inside. Your coloring is very pretty, and the glitter on top of the globe, and then on the inside floor of the globe looks fabulous! Great photos, too! Now to put on my other hat: Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulous Roberta! Just love Boo in that fun snow globe and the coloring of the wood is super. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Roberta! Love your coloring and am so glad to hear that you like the ultra-fine nibs on the Promarkers. Terrific work on the heat embossing, too. It's nice to be able to visit again. I'm all moved but now have a million boxes to unpack and lots of things to get organized, but I'll stop by whenever I have time. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. I love the lacy sunshine digis. Thanks for joining in over at fan tastic tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Fabulous card Love the little girl she is so cute!! Thanks for joining us at Fan Tastic- Tuesday!!! Hope to see you back next week!!!
    Hugs Lisa O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Card looks very beautiful with PPs. I like the image and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! The sparkle show looks amazing and your coloring is amazing!Thank you for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges this week.

    Amy ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out so gorgeous! That embossing is such a great embellishment...looks fabulous! You did so good on the wood and yes, using a fine tip for the wood grain is a must! You rocked it! big hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Roberta, wow fantastic card love your wood grain and cute image too, it's been great having you as part of the team over at Crafty Catz and I look forward to seeing your gorgeous cards in the future, have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Roberta just popped over to thank you for being a fabulous GDT at Crafty Catz and producing such a stunning card for your last week. Hope to see you at the challenge again. Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Roberta, darling card. Great addition of the snow on the snowglobe. That little girl in her PJ's is adorable!!! ( I am following you) & I am right next door in Ky. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and Gorgeous coloring! Love it..

    I was going through your blog and I'm so happy to see that you have been married to your high school sweetheart:) so cute:) I too am going to marry my high school sweets soon..^-^..hope things turn out beautiful for me too as they did for you...I such a believer in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Roberta! What a fabulous card. Love all the glitter and all your fabulous cutting & colouring. Thank for playing along with us at Flourishes for this week's "Timeless Tuesday Challenge"!
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge! Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie she is! Wonderful coloring to match the dp's and great job on the woodgrain! Thanks so much for joining us in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card with gorgeous details. Thanks for joining in our Give Us a P challenge at Passion for Promarkers :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...