Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Just Inspirational Challenges & Delicious Doodles

All of us on Team B at
would like to thank everyone that joined us for our Brads challenge.  What a simple embellishment and yet so many great ways to use them!
We really have some talented folks entering our challenges...hope to see you all back this week and lots of new faces, too.

For this week, our theme is
Kraft paper

Our fabulous sponsor is

The lucky winner will be able to select some of the coolest digis available!  The variety at Delicious Doodles is incredible.  If you're looking for something a bit edgier, you'll love their images.  There are also some very feminine ones.  I think everyone will be able to find something that suits their fancy.

This week, I've really stepped out of my usual comfort zone and attempted to do something a bit Steampunk.  I'm not real familiar with the style so if I failed miserably, please be kind with your remarks!


This hot little Mama's name is Steampunk Sally and she looks like she has a "Take no prisoners" kind of attitude.  My kinda' chick!



Since our theme is Kraft, I printed and colored the image on Kraft from Paper Temptress.  It is the Colored Brown Bag Kraft that I've recently become addicted to using for coloring.

The paper used for the clock and the dry embossed mat at the bottom of the card are also from Paper Temptress.  It is the Eggplant Brown Bag.  I love the texture the sanding gives the embossed mat.  Since it is kraft core, it really adds a lot of visual interest.


In the photo above, you can see a bit of the dimension from the skull and cross bones.  I printed the image on white paper as well as the kraft.  The skull and cross bones was covered with a thin layer of Glossy Accents and fussy cut after it had dried completely.  It was then just paper pieced onto the colored kraft.


I used is a Tim Holtz sentiment stamp that fits Sally's attitude perfectly.
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting new discoveries."
Love that!!
The quote is actually from A. A. Milne,
most famous for "Winnie the Pooh."

Other supplies used for this card:
Coloring medium: ProMarkers
Paper for card base: Bazzill
Designer Paper: DCWV Tattered Time stack
Charm, gears and clock hands: Michael jewelry dept.
Rustic twine: Etsy

Everyone at Just Inspirational Challenges is excited to see your new creations using kraft paper this week.  Good luck to all that join us!!

Thanks so much for spending some time with me today.
I'd love to read your comments!


12 comments:

  1. love this, Roberta, loved your coloring and that tip about using a bit of paper-piecing !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Roberta, and great choice of the image! I love working with Teri's digis. Your coloring is fabulous and I love, love, LOVE the steampunk. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card and design Roberta.

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete

  4. A great card, I like it very much!
    Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome card with awesome colouring!

    Thank you for joining us at SanDee&amelie's SPC!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Card is really beautiful! Love. Your colorchoice, and steampunk look!

    Thank you for joining out Challenge over at Tha Paper Shelter!!
    Hugs Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the way you've mixed the steampunk style with soft pastel colouring for slightly different twist. Outstanding. Thanks for joining our Metal Mania challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wonderful take on our Steampunk theme, thanks for joining us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did steampunk perfectly. Your coloring is just stunning, and I love your choice of colors. All your embellies are just right. Thanks so much for sharing at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! Thanks for joining us at pileiton on. Hope you join us again this week for a new challenge!! Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really lovely Roberta and Steampunk Sally looks great on your fabulous background.
    Thanks for joining in with our Steampunk challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Roberta this such an amazing project I totaly love it - so cool!
    you ROCK!
    xoxo SanDee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...