Monday, October 7, 2013

Paper piecing and Saturated Canary

This week's challenge at Saturated Canary is to do some paper piecing.  I'd never done any before so I thought this would be a good excuse to give it a go.   I love Krista's images so much and I love trying my hand at any new (to me) technique I find so it was a match made in
challenge heaven.

It was really easy and I think it makes a nice impact.  You can see in the photo below that I've pieced sweet little Whispy Fairie's wings, skirt overlay, and leggings.  I used the same DSP for some of the matting on my card to help make everything very cohesive.
 I colored her with my ProMarkers and continue to fall deeper in love with coloring digis.  It's been almost 2 months since I started and every time I finish an image I feel like a little girl waiting for someone to give me my gold star for coloring inside the lines.

Here are a couple more pictures of my card:


The items used on this card are:
DSP: K&Company 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Pink rose: Handmade using Cricut Flower Shoppe
Mulberry paper flowers: Ebay
Heart charm: Michaels Dollar Bin
Bling swirls: Recollections
Tiny ball fringe: Joann (How cute is that?)
Seam binding: Etsy
Large pearl brads and beads for stick pin: my stash
Border punch: Martha Stewart
Sentiment: Papertrey Ink
Cheesecloth: My kitchen
The frame for the sentiment was stamped and cut using my brand new Cricut Posh Frames set.  I just got it a couple of days ago.  After I have a chance to play with it some more, I'll right a little review to let you know what I think of it.

Here is one final shot of my card:
As always, I appreciate your visit today and would love it if you could leave me a quick comment!

16 comments:

  1. Love your card. You did a fabulous job with your paper piecing. Great accents and composition.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait no longer Roberta, I am going to award you the biggest, most sparkly Gold stat for your wonderful colouring of "Whispie Fairy" - you really have made a very pretty little lady stunning. The other aspect you can go to the top of the class for is your paper piecing - I hope w are going to see you us this technique more now that you 'cracked it' at your first attempt. Beautiful work that's added such a nice dimension to your image. Your card is beautiful. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I really live the contrast of the PP and colouring! Adorable image and very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roberta this card is stunning! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Roberta, I like the borders you have made very much, you have colored fantasticly and the paper piercing is great! It really think this is a winner! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! Love the DP's of the paper-piecing you've chosen- they go perfect with the image and the softness of the card. Love this!

    Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

    Amy ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pretty card and your colouring is perfect. Don't you just love paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful easel card, love all the pastels, and the brads. Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs
    NIKKI DT


    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Roberta! your colouring is exquisite, I love SC digis :) and all the embellishments you've added are so pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous easel card & your paper piecing is awesome sweetie, you should def do this some more.
    Thank you for joining along in our challenge over at Saturated Canary, look forward to seeing you again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! How wonderful this card is! It makes me happy just looking at it. You have brought so many elements together to make a truly stunning card! Your coloring is gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for playing along with the Stitchy Angels Design Team this week!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT - OSAAT
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeek! Roberta this is so perfect with the image you chose. I love the patterned paper used for piecing, I love how they all coordinate on her outfit and background papers. Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge over at Saturated Canary this week!
    ~*Joni SC DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting you from HIMCR. Pretty & wonderful embellishing for this easel card. especially like the image's hair.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Roberta and the paper piecing along with the colouring, is fab. You've even inspired me to give paper piecing ago :) I love it
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your choice of image ,beautiful details, and the design too, thanks for joining Joanna Sheen challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...