Friday, October 4, 2013

Join us for a new challenge at Crafty Catz

I've been lucky enough to be asked to act as a Guest Designer all this month at Crafty Catz.  This is long-running and very well established challenge blog.  In fact, they just celebrated their 4th birthday last month.  Congratulations and many, many more!

You'll be excited to hear that this week the generous sponsor is
Bugaboo Digi Stamps.
The winner this week will have the pleasure of choosing 7 images.  SEVEN!!  Just how much fun would that be?
The Stella and Gus images absolutely crack me up!  Such silly faces and hilarious sentiments.  Jodie, the creative genius behind Bugaboo, has got a great sense of humor that I can really relate to.  Can't wait to use more of her images....I know that those will make cards that will get some of the biggest smiles and laughs from the recipients.

Our theme this week at Crafty Catz is always a hugely popular one:

Anything goes

I decided to use Bugaboo's fantastic image:
Flower Gals - Sunflower.  Isn't she adorable?  I love the expression on her face!  And to make it even better she was really fun to color with my ProMarkers.
Since I think of very earthy colors when I think of sunflowers, I decided to keep it a very tight palette.  Only hues that can be found in sunflowers were incorporated.  Because she is such a cutie, I worked with a pretty big image and let her take center stage on my card.  Very few embellishments were added.

The sentiment is from Stamper's Best and I couldn't have asked for a more appropriate one to go along with this image.
The other items used to make this card were:
*Papers: Bazzill and Studio G
*Punches: Martha Stewart
*Twine: Glitter and Kitsch at Etsy
*Rhinestones: My stash

I would really like to again express my thanks to all of the folks at Crafty Catz for the chance to help represent them this month.
I'm truly honored!

This card can be found in the following challenges:

Craftitude -- Anything goes with the letter S: sunflower
Digi Haven -- 2 colors
Totally Papercrafts -- Bring humor to your creations
4 Krafty Girlz -- Anything goes
Nutcrafters -- Show off your coloring
Penny's Paper Crafty -- Anything goes
Try It On Tuesday -- Going Dotty: Dotted background

14 comments:

  1. Roberta, I love what you made! Your colouring is awesome and I like the dotty background! Also the little rhinestone on her dress looks so pretty. Great color combo.

    Welcome to us at Crafty Catz!

    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to admit the dotty background was done to cover up a mistake I made while testing one of my marker colors. The test dots wound up being in the area that was being used for the card. To avoid fussy cutting, I just went with lots of dots. Problem solved.
      I appreciate your visit!!
      hugs--
      R.

      Delete
  2. Roberta this is fantastic I love this image and also your coloring is fab. I have seen that sentiment before on Facebook very cute.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at 4 Krafty Girlz.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sentiment. It matches the image so well. Love how you have created that dotty background. It really sets off the image. Welcome on board over at Crafty Catz. Looking forward to seeing your creations. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic make! Thank you so much for joining in the fun over at the 4 Krafty Girlz challenge blog!
    Best of Luck!
    Toni-Marie DT xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a FABulous Fun Card! LOving this image and your pretty colours....
    Thank you sooo much for joining us at Digi Haven.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that card and the wonderful quote on it - I think it was written for me! Thanks for playing along at TIOT! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Roberta fabulous colour's and design so glad to have you as our GDT over at Crafty Catz this month
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card - Love the image and sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fun card, Roberta. That sentiment has me giggling (maybe because it suits me perfectly)!

    Thank you for playing along at Penny's Paper Crafty.

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, love the image and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Roberta, sorry it's taken me all week to get here! I love your card,the colours are fabulous as is the sentiment, made me smile, it's great to have you on board at Crafty Catz this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can so relate to that sentiment..lol. This is such a fun and whimsical card. I absolutely love the image and how you have brought her to life with your wonderful colouring. The layering is awesome. Love the wonky angles...so playful. Thanks for joining our S is for ... Challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. It's always a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...