Sunday, October 27, 2013

My first Bestie

My dear friend Julie inspired me to use this incredible Bestie image by Sheri Baldy.  Julie's cards, tags, canvasses, etc. are always so beautiful it's impossible for me to look at any of her work and not come away inspired and awed.  If you've never had a chance to take a look at her blog, you really should treat yourself to a visit!

I'm still trying to muddle my way through designing projects that are really blinged out.  The amount of time I spend deciding where to place the embellishments is a bit embarrassing.  I'm just so darned indecisive.  Hubby made me feel much better about it when he reminded me about how long it used to take me to do a floral arrangement when I was a new florist about 22 years ago.  Today, I can get finished with most floral designs in pretty quick time; so I just need to give myself a decade or 2 with cards and I'll be just fine....hopefully it won't take that long.

I have to say that the amount of time spent on this card was worth it.  I'm very happy with the results.  Starting with a really sweet image definitely helped!


I had so much fun coloring this one!  She's just so girly.  I had to go with all pinks to play that up.  The little feather embelly I put in her hair makes me think of a Flapper girl from the 1920's.




The ingredients for this card are:
Coloring medium:  ProMarkers
Papers: Papertrey Ink, Bazzill, DCWV Lace & Linen
Feather pick: Hobby Lobby
Flowers: Ebay
Pearl stickers: Recollections
Keyhole embelly:  Tim Holtz
Rhinestone ribbon: Michaels
Pink ribbon: My stash
White glitter chipboard accents: Colorbok
Paper doily: A stay at a Ramada Inn in Bowling Green, KY
Ink used on doily: Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my very first Bestie card.  There are sure to be more in the very near future!!


20 comments:

  1. wow Roberta!! this is so so gorgeous!! Love the way u have colored the image.. and the card is very beautifully embellished!! everything is so perfectly fitting in the card!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just so stunning and well worth the time. i must say i am one of the worst for making decisions too so dont be hard on yourself this is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Like you, I take so long to fuss over my cards - but mine don't turn out nearly as fabulous as yours! So glad I found your blog - wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning desingn- such a great design! Thanks for joining in my P challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roberta you don't need a few decades hun. You have created such a beautiful design & all the elements are perfectly placed. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs Blog
    NEW Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My designs @ Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Roberta, I am so thrilled that you have started using Besties! I think your card is totally gorgeous! And I love your embellishments! Thank you for joining the Aussie My-Besties Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card already, no need to think that you need decades. I love, love, love, this card. What a cute girl for your image. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous,love the fab image...Great layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Roberta. The image is gorgeous (My DT card for Besties this week uses this image) and I love her pink hair. Your embellies and design is fabulous. I too spend hours positioning embellies. If you see my card in the Besties challenge blog it is different to the card on my blog cos I just had to add some extra flowers and pearls to my little butterflies. Maybe we have OCD!!!
    Thank your so much for joining our challenge this week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty! Totally gorgeous and adorable, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Image looks gorgeous and awesome coloring too. love all those soft pink colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a stunning creation ,thank you so much for entering our challenge this week.Your lady Looks very girly and i love a the delicate details.
    I hope you return next week?
    Greets Gudrun DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful .really gorgeous image and your design and colouring are stunning.
    thanks so much for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab card, love the colors and feather
    thanks for playing with us at besties
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my!! This looks lovely!! Gorgeous image , beautifully colored!!
    Ayushi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love the hair and all your embellishments! I also take a silly amount of time on choosing embellishements...but i enjoy that part of it!
    Thanks for joining us at I ♡ Promarkers!
    Hugs
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Roberta, this is a fabulous card and design, love the colors and the feather is the master touch !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Roberta, this is absolutely breath-taking!!!! Right up my alley. It really is a piece of art, and all the time you spent really shows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, love it. Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our very first challenge at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (CraftyHands DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is utterly gorgeous, Roberta! love the pretty colours and beautiful colouring. Wonderful design!
    Thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance.
    Hugs, Yuri xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...