Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Just Inspirational Challenges -- Team B

Today opens a brand new challenge at


We're all so happy to have
as our sponsor this week.  The lucky winner will have the opportunity to choose some of the incredible digis available in their store...and there is a great assortment.

Our theme for this fortnightly challenge is:
--Brads--
They're such a great, inexpensive way to embellish a project.
Let's see how you decide to use them.

For my project this week, I've made a card using the hilarious
"Flu Shot" image from Stitchy Bear's.
Doesn't she just make you giggle?
This card was made to be sent to an Uncle of mine who has seen more than anyone's fair share of nurses over the last several months so I kept the design very CAS.  I knew which papers I wanted to use....thank you very much to my scrap box and since blue was the main color of the body of the card, I really wanted to add some to the image as well.  Blue hair, of course!  The brads I used also brought more blue to the image area.

Confession time:  I had not intended to place the brads in that position....however, the smudge of red ink that mysteriously appeared after I had already matted the image changed my mind.  I have no idea who else had been touching my card but I'm sure I didn't leave a smudge.  Things like that just never happen....

The other items used in this card are:
Papers:  Bazzill, Studio G from Michaels Dollar Bin
Brads:  Recollections
Colored with my ProMarkers

You can find this card in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine -- Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door -- Anything goes
Songbird Challenges -- Blue Hawaii
Use It Tuesday -- Scraps, pieces, odds & ends:  banners are all scraps
Digi Makeover Challenge -- Clean and simple
Pile It On -- Humor
Robyn's Fetish Challenge -- Square cards only

We hope to see lots of items submitted for this week's Brad themed challenge at Just Inspirational Challenges.  Good luck to everyone that joins in the fun!

Thanks for spending time with me today.
I hope you take a minute to take a look at my Blog Candy.
Just click on the pic at the top of this page
and follow all of the simple steps....
It's a great assortment of goodies!


13 comments:

  1. What a great card, although I don't think I would want that nurse to treat me...hehe...she looks a bit mean...lol.....

    I know you say you placed the brads there due to a smudge, but they look really good there, makes a change to see them closer to the image and helps pull your eye into the image
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a wee laugh, here, Roberta, at the image, can imagine my daughter in about 30 years, brilliant card hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a funny image Roberta :) love what you've done with her!! hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card and I like how you used your brads and scraps of paper thanks for sharing with use it Tuesday Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card was sent to my hubby from a talented young lady...it made his day,,thanks Roberta for your support and prayers,,,,,love TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your comment just made MY day! Love and prayers continue for both of you.
      hugs--
      R.

      Delete
  6. Love the papers you chose. Thanks for playing at Paper Makeup Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Roberta, the image is hilarious!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Card Thanxx For Playing With Us At Robyn's Fetish Challenge *Square Cards * So Love The Image . Good Luck ..
    Sherry - Robyn's Fetish DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card, really make me smile. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Card Roberta. Love the image and those DP's and layering really make it pop! Love it!!Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

    Amy ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, I like your image Mrs.Doctor .-))
    Thanks for joining in our "Anything Goes" at BearlyMineChallenge!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous image! This card will surely put a smile on your uncle's face! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...