Thursday, October 24, 2013

Redonkadoodles Thank you cards

Recently my Dad had to be hospitalized (a couple of times.)
He just couldn't say enough wonderful things about all of the people that helped care for him.  He was at St. Joseph's Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia.  First, he was on the 4th floor.  That stay lasted for about a week.  His second stay was on the 6th floor and that one was just shy of 2 weeks.  Needless to say, he got to know some of the techs, nurses, housekeeping staff, etc quite well.

Since I don't live in Georgia, I wasn't able to see him much.  Although hubby and I did surprise Dad with one short visit.  While we were there, it was very easy to see why he was so crazy about the people caring for him.  They were all fantastic....and even put up with his weird sense of humor.  Not an easy task!

I wanted to make some thank you cards for him to send to the staff.  But, given Dad's sense of humor, they couldn't be just any cards.  I decided on this hilarious image by Redonkadoodles.


I have to say that is so my Dad's personality!

Here are a few more pics of the cards that I made for him to send the fine folks at St. Joe's:




I hope the staff enjoys the cards and knows how very much our family truly appreciates their dedication!!

You can find this card in the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping by today.
I would love to read your comments!


13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Roberta, and I love the story behind it too. It's great to be able to send something that works well on so many levels - it says thanks you, it reflects his personality and it's sure to make people laugh! It's also handmade!!
    Thanks for joining us at Handmade Harbour this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely masculine card. Love the layout. Image is too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect image for your dad, Roberta. Really describe your dad's personality and suit the story behind it very much :D
    And your colouring is reallyyyy fabulous! :D love it! :D

    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a hilarious image!! Very funny. I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roberta I just wanted you to know how much I loved the cards you made for your Father. What a great sense of humour he must have. A great daughter too for bing so thoughtful and creative.
    Inky hugs JoanP aka lakeslady

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created such a wonderful way to show the appreciation Roberta with your Dad's personality shining through. Fantastic & I'm sure all the staff will love it :) Such a great job, love the image & the sentiments :) Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs Blog
    NEW Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My designs @ Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad your dad is doing so much better now :) and this is such a fantastic card to say thank you. The image's colouring is beautiful and it really makes me chuckle. I love all the wording you have put on/in the card, I think your dad will be over the moon to give this to all the wonderful staff. Big hugs for you and your dad
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious, Roberta, need a wee laugh this morning, so thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great image! I am sure that the staff will really appreciate this. It just makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your image, it fits our challenge so well this week. Great colors and total card design. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges.
    Nancy,DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card! Thanks for the chuckle today! Glad you joined us over at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great story, fab cards, and wonderful coloring, Roberta! Hopefully I'll get to start visiting regularly again, between unpacking boxes and getting settled in. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha ha! I love this card! This would be AWESOMELY perfect for MY dad! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Handmade Harbour! ~Valerie, HH DT xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...