Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lacy Sunshine, Faux Stitching and OWH Sketch #183

I was hopping around to some of my favorite challenge sites today to see what kind of inspiration I could find.  When I visited the
I found what I was looking for.  The current challenge is to use Stitching, Real or Faux.
And....
If you use one of Heather's images you will receive
Candi Corn Sticky Wings.
Is she just too cute or what?
This image is also available for sale here in case you're not able to join in the challenge this week.

For this weeks challenge, I used Emily Raindrops mainly because of the David Tutera rhinestone stickers I found in the wedding section at Michaels.  I love them so much!  The fact that this is a great image is just icing on the cake.

I'm really trying to work on my contribution of cards for
so I decided to go with an A2 sized card.  I've loosely used their Sketch #183 for my design.
I'll be adding this card to the others made using this sketch from OWH here.
Today, I tried my hand at spotlighting an image.  Wish I could remember where I first saw this so I could credit someone with the inspiration!  It's really easy.  Here's what I did:
I printed out 2 copies, and colored one with my ProMarkers (actually only the part I would be using) then punched it out using a 2.5" Recollections circle punch and last I mounted it onto the non-colored image.  I really like the effect this created.

You can see the faux stitching I added around the full image and around the circle.  I did a double row around the highlighted area because my first row accidentally went from the top layer to the bottom.  No problem!  I truly believe there are no mistakes in card making merely additional opportunities for embellishing.

Here's a side view.  See those great raindrop shaped rhinestones?  Can't wait to use more of those!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

You will find this card in the following challenges:

Lacy Sunshine -- Stitching, real or faux
Operation Write Home -- Sketch #183

27 comments:

  1. That is soooo cool.. thanks for the inspiration, this i got to try... and thank you for joining the challenge at the stamping chef.
    :)
    Christin DT - TSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful work with the adorable image. Love that spotlight technique. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really good idea and beautiful card. Thanks for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roberta this is absolutely fabulous love the spotlighting technique with the faux stitching a super, super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the fun spotlighting of the image! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at HOC-- hope to see you again next week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, thanks for joining in with our challenge at The Stamping Chef this time
    Kate TSC DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, I love the spotlight technique and gorgeous colour combo. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so great. I love the spotlight coloring and your coloring job is absolutely fabulous! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roberta, look at all these wonderful new things you are trying :) Great job with the Spotlight technique. I have yet to try this myself. I agree with the making mistakes theory lol. You have done a great job with the faux stitching hun. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs Blog
    NEW Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My designs @ Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous sweet card.
    Thank you for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card.
    Thank you for joining in the Stamping Chef challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for joining our House of Cards challenge. I love the highlight you usrd for the image. The sparkling raindrops are really neat. Theks also for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the 'spotlighting', it's very eyecatching. Thank you for sharing it with us at HOC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely unique card

    thank you for entering at The Stamping Chef Challenge

    Kerrie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea. Your image looks very coool. Thanks for joining our challenge at EAC.
    XOXO Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smashing card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicely done! The image is just darling, and your coloring is fantastic. So glad you joined us at HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is adorable. I love the fact that you left a part of the image without color.
    Thanks for joining us this week at House of Cards.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just fantastic! Love the spotlight effect you used on this card! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at House of Cards.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous use of the spotlighting technique and a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card! Thank you for taking part in the Lacy Sunshine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic! Great work, Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Chef
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to say this is a great card, I just love the way you have selected the image inside the circle to colour it really pops.
    Thanks for linking up with us this week at my sheri crafts.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeouss card :) thanks for joining the Lacy Sunshine Challenge.
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet image, cleverly coloured for our autumn challenge. Leona (Creative Moments DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cute card - perfect for the Autumn theme at Creative moments x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the spotlighting! Your coloring is wonderful. those teardrop gems are sooo cool! Beautiful work, Roberta! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...