Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My first card for Just Inspirational Challenges

A little over a week ago I received an invitation to join the Design Team at Just Inspirational Challenges.  I'm a member of Team B and I couldn't be happier to be there!  They are a group of very talented and friendly ladies.  I really look forward to working with all of them for the next few months!  You can find links to each of them in my right side bar....go take a look at their blogs.  I'm not exaggerating when I say they're really talented! 

Today marks the opening of a new challenge at Just Inspirational Challenges.  It's one of my favorite challenge themes:
Bingo!
You know the drill.  Just decide on 3 squares in a straight row and use those elements to create your project.
Here's the bingo board for you:
This week Team B is lucky enough to have Penny Blossom as our sponsor.  There are so many adorable images over there I just can't even tell you....go check it out for yourself!  Christine is the artist and she has a style all her own that I love.
Before I show my finished card for this week, I have to show you what happens when a person inexperienced at using ProMarkers has a very juicy, brand new marker and looks up to answer a quick question.
See where that arrow is pointing?  Yeah, that wasn't what I meant to do!  I seriously just looked up for a second and when I looked back down I almost had a cow.  It takes me so long to get faces and hair done and I was actually pretty happy with this one.  Starting over wasn't an option.  Time for some quick thinking.

I have to say that I'm really lovin' my "recovery on ink-gate" as Kate called it in our JIC Team B Facebook page.  (How funny is that?)  Here's my card for the Bingo challenge:
I decided to use the row that contains:
Squares, 3 papers, and flowers

This adorable Penny Blossom image is called "Hang in there."  After I started fussy cutting to eliminate the spot where the purple marker threw up, I noticed she looked like she was leaning out a window so I just went with it.

The bunting is cut from paper in the Paper House Romance 6x6 pad.  (Thanks again, Troy!)  I got the rustic twine on Etsy at the Glitter and Kitsch shop.  The teeny, tiny clothes pins were ordered off of Amazon ages ago.  I didn't realize just how teeny, tiny they were.  They were too small for my original purpose but I knew that someday they would be perfect for something.  That someday arrived when I needed to salvage this image.  Here's a pic of the side of the card to show the clothes pins a bit better:

The brick design paper as well as the very light pink behind that are from packs of Studio G paper that I got in the Michaels Dollar Bin!  I wish my photo showed the design on the pink paper; it's so subtle and sweet.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Even with the ink accident and the need to re-think my design for this card, I had so much fun doing it.  Penny Blossom's super cute image is definitely responsible for that!  You really should go check out Christine's store....she's incredibly talented.

All of us at Just Inspirational Challenges are looking forward to seeing how you decide to play Bingo this week.  Have some fun with it and good luck!!


I would like to include this card in the following challenges:



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new guest designer post over at Just Inspirational challenges, love the card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really pretty Roberta, glad you managed to rescue it! in the past when this has happened to me I have done some paper piecing over the top :) Gem xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save of your image! fab card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo Roberta. Congrats on your DT position hun. Love how you salvaged your image. What a great idea & lovely design. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs Blog
    NEW Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
    My designs @ Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem recently with a blot of ink. I managed to recover mine with my colourless blender and shaded over the top with another colour. It looked ok in the end. LOL Love your image, and how you saved it.
    Thanks for joining in with us for our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Top Tip Tuesday
    Hugs
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful project. Thank you joining us on Cards Galore xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...