Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge #120

Ladies and Gentlemen, get out those markers, pencils, crayons or whatever your weapon of choice may be.....
Today begins our new challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room
and the theme is:

Color It!

The lucky winner this week will receive a set of Copic Fusion markers.
Fun right?

There are so many possibilities for this challenge theme.  I would love to see you try a new technique with your coloring.  Maybe a color combo you've never used before.  That is not at all required!
Just my own little spin on the challenge.

A couple of days ago, I showed you a project that I did with my ProMarkers on kraft cardstock.  The card I did for this week's HIMCR Color It! challenge was actually the first time I tried it.  I'm so in love with the technique, I know that I'll be doing it over and over again!

As I told you in the post about the other kraft project, I've only tried this on paper I got from Patricia at Paper Temptress.  You will need to test it out on your own kraft to know how your markers will work.  If you use ProMarkers, I can't recommend the Colored Brown Bag Kraft from Paper Temptress strongly enough!
**Plus right now all of the kraft cardstocks are 25% off at 
Paper Temptress.  This would be a great time to give it a try!!**

Enough jabbering.  Here's a look at the fantabulous Mo Manning image I used this week:



His name is Adventure Guy and I am over the moon crazy about him.  He looks so much like my youngest son at that age right down to the "I'll be my own guide" kind of attitude.  It makes my heart so happy to just look at him!  Thank you, Mo, for such a perfect image.



The background papers that I embossed are more of the
Colored Brown Bag Kraft.  After embossing, it was lightly sanded to reveal the kraft core.  I think the over all effect of the sanding and distressing I did on the image layer make this a great card for a man or a boy.  But, honestly, I think it would be equally great for anyone who loves to travel or is getting ready to begin a new adventure.



You can see in the final photo that I've added just a bit of dimension to this card with mounting tape.  The other items used for this card were:

Papers: Bazzill, Papertrey Ink, Paper Temptress
Rustic twine: Etsy
Button: My stash
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
Colored with ProMarkers 

You can find this card in the following challenges:

Mo Manning DP2 -- Make it vintage
365 Cards -- Day 288: Vintage with buttons
Daring Cardmakers -- Digital
4 Crafty Chicks -- Multiple layers
Addicted to Stamps & More -- Make your mark
The Male Room -- Transport/travel
Paper Sweeties -- Challenge #12: Color inspiration
{Pin}spirational Challenges -- Anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door -- Anything goes
Craft Your Passion -- Embossing

Thanks as always for spending some time with me!
Make sure to click on the photo of my Blog Candy.
You have until October 31st to enter for that great pack of yummies!


22 comments:

  1. Hi Roberta This Is Stunning And I Too Love This Image Mo Knows Just How To Capture Those Youngsters. Love This Done On Kraft Never Tried But Will Have To Have ago Thanks For The Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous coloring you have done on this amazing card, Roberta! The palette is so soft and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Roberta, I love this image too as it reminds me of my eldest grandson.
    A great Vintage card.
    Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card,gorgeous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      Thanks so much for that great offer! I've emailed you the info. Can't wait to see all of the cards featured!

      Delete
  6. Really cute and I love the faded, vintage effect. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolutely delightful card! Hard to go wrong using that Mo image, but you have layered beautifully, have masterful coloring skills on her image and the sanded embossing is a perfect distressed look that adds wonderful texture. Love this card Roberta! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Add Some Embossing” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
    ~ginny
    Design Team - Craft Your Passion
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, it looks stunning! :)
    Thanks for participating in CYP challenge!

    Kat
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the stories we could write about his young gent! He is delightful as is your card! All the elements you used really add to his 'story'. Thanks for joining us at {PIN)spirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colouring looks amazing, such a lovely image. Great boys card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is totally adorable, I love how you did the compass. So glad you played along this week at Mo's.

    hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful ... I love the image...Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant coloring on the image :) thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous male card! Beautifully coloured too. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "many layers" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great card! I'm also always on the lookout for some great male cards ... and yours is definitely one!!!
    Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmaker's "digital" dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! Thanks for joining in with our digi dare this week at the Daring Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one great card! Love the kraft paper, coloring, the perfect image...
    Have a great day, Roberta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute little chap!, and well coloured. He is perfect for our travel/transport theme at The Male Room, Thanks for sharing him with us. Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card for our Transport and Travel theme at The Male Room Thanks for joining us

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...