Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lacy Sunshine's Happy Scarecrow & Friends

Well, since October is over half gone I've decided to finally start thinking about decorating for Halloween.
Where has the time gone!?

I wanted to do something with an old frame that I just love.  The shape of it and the patina (read: bangs and nicks) give a nice antique-ish feel.  It's actually only about 10 years old.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it.  It will probably end up on the mantel in our family room....who knows?

The image I used is one of Heather's at Lacy Sunshine.
The sweet little faces make me smile!


I knew it would be a great one for the size I needed to fit the frame which is a 5 x 7.  This is definitely the largest digi I've colored to date.


A couple of days ago I watched a video by Kimberly Brown on YouTube that showed her using her ProMarkers on kraft paper.  You can see Kimberly's video here.  She is incredibly talented and has shared oodles of vids about coloring with ProMarkers.
I tried using kraft yesterday (you can see that card on Saturday)
and I'm hooked!!  Can you tell since I did it again today for this picture?  I was amazed at how easily the paper accepted the colors and how nicely they blend.

Now, let me say that I've only tried one kraft cardstock.
It's from Paper Temptress.
The sweet owner, Patricia, had sponsored a challenge I was lucky enough to win last month so I got to try this out for free....love that!  And I love her Colored Brown Bag Kraft paper!!  It's such a great layering weight, has a fantastic texture and loves ProMarkers.  Patricia can expect me to order more very soon because my head is spinning with possibilities for all of the Christmas cards, etc that I'll be making over the next several weeks.  You ready, Patricia?

Here's one final shot of my picture.


Thanks for stopping by today!
While you're here, be sure to check out my Blog Candy if you haven't already entered my drawing.
Just click on the picture of the yummies at the top of the page.

18 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Great colouring and a fab idea to use in a frame. Will be looking at those tutorials for colouring as I enjoy colouring its my favourite pastime. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Hugs
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH this image is just perfect for the Kraft paper and your coloring is divine. Love that beautiful frame, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am ready LOL...love love love your coloring and that image is just way too cute! Heck I haven't ever thought about coloring on Kraft but let me tell you I will be doing exactly that very soon. thanks so much for turning me onto coloring on my own cardstock LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomeness girl...I love it..funny I have only coloured the one image on Kraft..i will have to do it again soon...thanks for the credit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea, Roberta! I love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Fall Colors" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please join us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project Roberta, and the frame just sets it off...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Roberta, I love the scarecrow and your coloring is wel down. I love the colors. I didn't no you can use promarkers on craft. I learn everyday! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ach wie süß. Großartig!
    Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends und ASC mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Halloween decor. Image is very cute and perfect coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable Roberta. Its such a sweet image with great colouring, love the fact his little birdie friend has a matching hat...hehe...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Hallloween frame :) thanks for joining the Lacy Sunshine Challenge.
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow die ist ja toll geworden.
    Danke für Deine Teilnahem bei Animal Friends und Happy Halloween
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Animal Friends Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project - amazing colouring!
    Thanks for playing along with The Divas and PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful colouring on the scarecrow, just a fabulous creation, love it so! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #39

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...