Friday, October 4, 2013

My Cricut Craft Room Blog Relaunch Hop

A few days ago, I shared the great news about
relaunching and hosting a blog hop.  Well, today's the day!

If you've come here through Leslie's blog, you're in the right place.  If you've just happened by, please stay and look around but be sure to start at the beginning of the hop when you're finished here.
You don't want to miss anything!

This is the complete list of participants:
1. Start at My Cricut Craft Room 
 2.  Vivi J
 3. Cindy M
 4.  Shawn Mosch 
 5.  Liliana Umpierre
 6.   Leslie Wrege McGrath
 7. You are here....thanks!
 8.   April Nourse
 9.  Brenda Knapik
 10.  Lourdes
 11.  Vicki Glenn
 12. Erica
 13. Connie Walsh
 14.  Tracey
 15.  Oh Kissa
 16.  Sandy 
 17. Kris Dietz
 18.  Mayra 
 19. Cheryl 
 20. Crafting Blog Events

For this hop, all participants were asked to complete 2 projects.  The only specific boundary was that it had to be made using either Cricut cartridges or SVG cutting files.  You are going to love the huge array of new creations that are shared today.  I've gotten to see little peeks of all of them and can't wait to see them in more detail!

I decided to do projects for Halloween and Christmas.
First I'll share the Halloween frames that I did:
I found the frames in a clearance bin at Michaels for $2 a piece.
Now I really wish I had grabbed a few more!
They look much better in person.
Here are some close ups of the individual frames:
 Cartridge used for spider web:  Mini Monsters
Cartridge used for witch:  Wrap it Up

I used black vinyl from CricketVinylSupplies.com on top of the glass.  Under the glass there are sheets from an old book that I wrinkled up and distressed using Tim Holtz inks.  After the inks were dry, it was really too dark and the vinyl didn't stand out enough.  A layer of cheese cloth over the book pages solved that issue.
**The little air bubbles that show on the witch's hat and skirt don't show nearly as much in person....my camera decided to really highlight those flaws.  Naturally.**

You can find these frames in the following places:


_________________________________________________


The Christmas project that I did is also a 2 parter.  I've made a wine bottle gift tag and a topper for a mason jar.  I thought this would make a great family gift....a bottle of vino for Mom and Dad along with a jar of candied pecans for the kids.  (As long as Mom and Dad don't eat the pecans after the little ones are tucked in for the night!)
Here's the gift set:
I had originally intended to really bling out the bottle tag but looking at the rustic simplicity of the mason jar, I really wanted to keep both items very basic.  So glad I did....I love this set!
Here are close ups of the individual pieces:
This canning jar can be found here:




Cartridges used:
Poinsettia:  Flower Shoppe
Lid top wrapper:  George & Basic Shapes
Bottle tag:  Wrap It Up
Gift tag on bottle tag:  Fabulous Finds

For the large bottle tag, I used one of the tag blackouts from Wrap It Up and stretched it in Cricut Craftroom.  The original hole was removed with the "remove contours" feature and I replaced it with a hole that measures about an 1.5".  The small tag on front of that is from Fabulous Finds.  It usually has a scalloped top but I trimmed that off by hand.

The poinsettias are so gorgeous!  It's such a shame my photos don't show them better.  I inked the edges of the petals (which aren't really petals...they're called bracts and are modified leaves)  with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo.  The yellow center (that's the flower of a poinsettia) was first inked with Tim's Forest Moss and then Fired Brick.  All of the bracts and the leaves were formed by using a couple of different sizes of styluses.  I've used this same poinsettia in a smaller version on one of the cards you can find here.  And I know these little beauties will be showing up on some Christmas packages this year.  Won't they make great gift toppers?

This gift set is being shared here:
_________________________________________________

Well, there ya' go.  My 2 (or is that 4?) projects for the
blog relaunch hop.  I hope you've enjoyed them.  Now, please continue on to the next project.  You'll be able to find it over at April's blog.  

Thanks for joining me today.  Leave a comment if you have a second or two....I'd love to hear from you!


15 comments:

  1. Love the projects you did. I have the Wrap It Up cartridge....you have inspired me to get using it. Love the witch in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love being on this blog hop with you ! I love everything you made the witches image is perfect !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic projects, Roberta! I love seeing what can be made with dies! Beautiful work, friend! hugs xxxooo love the framing, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Halloween frames they are awesome. The Christmas project is fabulous.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou
    http://scrappinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your projects!! Your frames are awesome and your tags are beautiful! TFS. Just became a new follower too.

    Kris
    dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Roberta,
    Thanks so much for playing along with my Halloween challenge. I absolutely love your picture frames and pulling the card out on your tag for your wine bottle is so clever. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge at http://www.stampwithlindawalsh.com/15/post/2013/09/october-2013-challenges.html

    Come back again and enter as many times as you'd like! Your style is certainly eye catching for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Halloween frames! They are spooky and pretty at the same time.

    The mason jar lid and bottle tag are great as well! The poinsettias look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea for Halloween decorations!Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your projects... the witch is really cute..love that idea... you tag is very nice and I like the card being pulled out,, very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice projects! Great Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What brilliant ideas! Thank you for linking up with my Homemade Christmas linky! I'm so glad you did. You are very talented!

    Rachel
    confessionofsahm.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them one and all. I am your newest follower - hope you'll hop over and visit me too! Found you at Sunday View.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are awesome, and the Halloween projects look relatively easy for an inexperienced crafter and inexpensive to make. Very Pinteresting! (I'm always wanting to introduce newbies to the love of crafting!) Thank you for linking up with Inspired Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Thank you for entering the Cards Galore challenge...good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...